Back to School Bags
Summer is coming to an end (boo…) and we’re all about to trade in our time at the pool for some time in the classroom or work. But it’s not all bad news, back to school means back to school SHOPPING (yay!) and I’ve found the best bags to help you through your daily struggle of toting around 30 pounds of stuff.
While the traditional backpack will do during exam time, these are some more stylish options for carrying around your laptop, cosmetics, lunch, books, etc…
1) Louis Vuitton GM Neverfull – This is THE bag, my favorite in the whole world. I swear to you it’s like Mary Poppin’s magic bag where you can fit anything and everything. The straps may look thin, but I can promise you I have put upwards of 20 pounds in the bag and they are sturdier than ever. The ability to monogram and customize the bag is also a fun feature to really make it your own to set yourself apart. I give this bag 5 stars, it’s so worth the investment and also doubles as a great travel bag/quick sleepover bag if you’re on the run. I’ve had mine since my senior year of high school (and I am now a senior in college) and it has been absolutely amazing.
2) Balenciaga Papier Zip-Around – I bought this bag for work, something unassuming and black. I wanted something that was quality, so that I could rest assured the handles wouldn’t break under the weight of a laptop and all my other things. I was pleasantly surprised by the width of this bag. The handles don’t have as much of a drop (space between where the handle rests and the top of the bag) as the Louis Vuitton, but it still works. I have put (again) way too much stuff in this and it’s been absolutely perfect. The fringe detailing on the sides also function as a zipper so if you’re carring a wider load, just unzip them and the bag almost doubles in size. The LV is my favorite still, so I give this bag a 4/5 stars. Definitely worth it and the all black leather exterior makes it impossible for people to guess the brand unless they’re really on top of their game.
3) Saint Laurent Large Shopper – I love love love this bag. It comes in black, navy, burgundy, nude, etc. and is so simple/sleek. It’s perfect for whatever you decide to throw on and run out the door in – with again – a large carrying capacity. I’m all about fashion AND function when it comes to handbags, why spend money on something that you can’t fit anything in? Like the other two bags before it, it’s simple and easy but also high quality. I give this bag also a 4/5 just because I’m biased by the LV.
1) Urban Outfitters Reversible Vegan Leather Tote – “Vegan” leather so it’s animal friendly #woo. I have tons of friends who absolutely adore this bag so naturally I got myself one (for only $60 might I add) and it’s HUGE. This is absolutely perfect for school/work/travel/whatever you find yourself doing. I’ve gone so far as to pack it full of puppy toys and treats when I hit the road with my little man, George.
2) Sam Edelman Leather Fringe Tote – This one reminds me of the Saint Laurent shopper bag but with a little more ~flare~ for those of you out there looking for a little bit more.
3) Target Cesca Faux Leather Oversized Reversible Tote – I realize that’s a lot of words right there… Cesca reversible vegan leather bag that is REVERSIBLE. It’s two bags for the price of one which is awesome. It comes in black/sky blue as well as the brown/eggplant (purple, whatever you want to call it) pictrued below.
Happy shopping! XOXO Mer